Mastodon: @sergeant@qoto.org

Bigmikecox

Re: R.I.P.

Feb 3rd, '24, 22:32

Ironwarrior wrote:
Feb 3rd, '24, 07:30
Carl Weathers (76)
So unexpectedly. R.I.P.

That one stings. He was apart of our youth.
Its Always 420

Ironwarrior
Site Admin

Feb 8th, '24, 06:40

According to reports, IFBB Pro and NPC bodybuilding coach Dave Kalick has died.
The news was disclosed by IFBB Pro Dorian Haywood in an Instagram post on February 7, 2024.

David Kalick was celebrated for his rigorous training methodologies and fervent dedication to fitness, distinguishing him as a stalwart figure in the sport. Notably, Kalick played an instrumental role in guiding athletes through their off-seasons and honing their skills for competitions.

The cause of death has not been stated

Dave is the guy on the right.

MF forums: 'Squat Junkie'
MeWE: www.mewe.com/join/gymlife

Beti ona

Feb 8th, '24, 18:44

I honestly don't know much about him, but I saw an interview with Shawn where they were just talking about an athlete of his who had passed away: Daniel Alexander.

RIP

Beti ona

Mar 7th, '24, 17:31

Retired IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Johnnie Morant Passes Away

Retired bodybuilder Johnnie Morant passed away. Morant primarily competed in the 1980s and 1990s era of bodybuilding. He made a name for himself in the NPC before turning pro and competed in several professional bodybuilding competitions. Morant was widely regarded as an icon of New Jersey bodybuilding.

The cause of Morant’s death as well as the exact time and date of his passing is not known at the moment. RX Muscle first reported the news of his passing on their official Instagram account. IFBB Pro bodybuilder and NPC champion Guy Ducasse took to the comments section of the post and confirmed that Morant’s family member had informed him of his death.

He wrote:

“Extremely sad day for me!!! Spoke to Kenny Morant this morning and he confirmed that Johnnie had passed away last night. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go to Kenny, his mom, his kids, his grandkids, and his entire family and loved ones. RIP my brother, we will meet again and say hello to Kemper.”

A glance at Johnnie Morant’s bodybuilding career

Johnnie Morant rose on the bodybuilding scene in the mid-1980s. He started his bodybuilding journey by competing at the 1986 NPC Junior National Championships. Morant competed in the heavyweight division and secured a second-place finish at the show. His performance in the first NPC show made him an overnight sensation.

He continued to participate in amateur bodybuilding competitions over the next three years. While he achieved podium finishes at most of the shows, the 1986 NPC National Championships was an exception. Morant failed to crack the top ten and walked away with a 13th-place finish.

The biggest moment of Morant’s amateur bodybuilding career came in 1989 when he won the IFBB North American Championships in the heavyweight division and also became the overall winner. The victory earned him the IFBB Pro card and Morant started his professional bodybuilding journey in the next year.

Johnnie Morant competed at several prominent shows in his five-year professional bodybuilding career. These include the Night of Champions, Ironman Pro Invitational, and Grand Prix, to name a few. His best showing came at the 1990 Night of Champions where Morant finished fourth.

Johnnie Morant retired from competition after a seventh-place finish at the 1995 Night of Champions.

Morant’s incredibly muscular physique was widely appreciated at the time. He appeared in several bodybuilding and fitness magazines in the 1980s and 1990s. Most notably, He appeared on the cover of the May 1990 issue of the Muscle Training Illustrated magazine alongside Lenda Murray.

Johnnie Morant’s Career:

1995:

IFBB Night of Champions: 7th Place
IFBB Canada Pro Cup: 6th Place

1994:

IFBB Night of Champions: 6th Place
IFBB Ironman Pro Invitational: 11th Place
IFBB Grand Prix Germany (2): 12th Place
IFBB Grand Prix France: 12th Place

1991:

WBF Grand Prix: 9th Place

1990:

IFBB Night of Champions: 4th Place
IFBB Grand Prix Italy: 9th Place
IFBB Grand Prix Germany: 10th Place

1989:

NPC USA Championships, Heavyweight: 1st Place
IFBB North American Championships:
Heavyweight: 1st Place
Overall Winner

1988:

NPC USA Championships, Heavyweight: 3rd Place
IFBB North American Championships, Heavyweight: 3rd Place

1987:

NPC USA Championships, Heavyweight: 2nd Place
1986:

NPC Nationals, Heavyweight: 13th Place
NPC Junior Nationals, Heavyweight: 2nd Place

Ironwarrior
Site Admin

Apr 27th, '24, 06:10

Oh my God! This is horrible.

Fabiana Veras was found by a co-worker after being attacked by a strange man.

Veras, who worked at a clinic as a psychologist, was found by a co-worker around 6pm local time. She had been bound and gagged and had clear cuts on her hands and all over her body. The Sun reported that CCTV showed footage of a man entering the clinic around 5pm. He was wearing a face mask, glasses, gloves, and a covering on his head.

Police reported that the man took Veras’ phone with him. It was found destroyed, along with three knives, two brass knuckles, and a pistol that was stained with blood. João Carvalho was arrested on Wednesday at his home in Natal, which is over 140 miles away from where the crime was committed.
https://generationiron.com/female-bodyb ... eath-work/
MF forums: 'Squat Junkie'
MeWE: www.mewe.com/join/gymlife